FAYETTEVILLE – Arkansas returns to Bud Walton Arena to host Georgia Tech on Wednesday (Dec. 19) at 8 pm. The game will be broadcast on the SEC Network.
This will be the sixth meeting between Arkansas and Georgia Tech. The Yellow Jackets have won four straight in the series and are 4-1 all-time against the Razorbacks. Arkansas’ lone victory came in the inaugural meeting, 74-42, on Dec. 20, 1961 in Greenville, S.C. at the Poinsettia Classic.
This is just the seventh time a member of the ACC has come to Fayetteville and the first time since Nov. 19, 2014, when Arkansas defeated Wake Forest, 83-53. Arkansas is 4-2 versus ACC members in games played in Fayetteville and 2-1 versus ACC members in games played in Bud Walton Arena.
- Arkansas (7-2) is coming off a 79-67 victory over Texas-San Antonio Saturday. With the win, Arkansas is now 6-0 versus the Roadrunners. Also, Arkansas improved to 11-9 in games played in North Little Rock. Over half of the Razorbacks’ wins in NLR have come under head coach Mike Anderson, who is 6-2 at the facility and has won six of his last seven trips to North Little Rock.
- Arkansas ranks fifth in the NCAA in blocked shots (6.4), 11th nationally in assists (18.7) and 13th in field goal percentage defense (.376) while leading the SEC in 3-point field goal defense.
- Jalen Harris, who had 10 assist and zero turnovers versus UTSA, leads the NCAA in assist-to-turnover ratio (7.56). He additionally ranks sixth in the NCAA (1st in the SEC) in assists per game (7.6). Over the last six games, he has dished out 56 assists with just five turnovers, including four games with double-digit assists.
- Isaiah Joe ranks fifth in the NCAA in 3-pointers made per game (4.22). The freshman also leads the SEC in total 3-pointers made (38) and 3-point field goal percentage (.494).
- Daniel Gafford has recorded four double-doubles in nine games this season. He had three in 35 games last season.
- Arkansas will turnaround to host a 10-1 Texas State squad on Saturday (Dec. 22) at 1 pm before closing the 2018 calendar year by hosting Austin Peay on Dec. 28.
For more information on Arkansas Men’s Basketball, follow @RazorbackMBB on Twitter.