FORT SMITH – Repairs to a major retail outlet from recent storm damage, and a number of upgrades facilitated by the Fort Smith Public Schools top the list of building permits approved by the City of Fort Smith this week.
Beaty Capital Group was awarded a certificate from the city to complete a $1,710,000 project to repair a roof and repair storm damage at Phoenix Village Mall. The building was in the target zone of the May EF-1 tornado that damaged a number of structures along Phoenix Avenue.
The Fort Smith Public Schools were awarded the following permits:
- Security upgrades at Cavanaugh Elementary in the amount of $115,910
- Security upgrades at Sunnymede Elementary in the amount of $188,681
- Security upgrades at Fairview Elementary in the amount of $91,710
- Security upgrades at Spradling Elementary in the amount of $47,021
- Security upgrades at Ramsey Junior High in the amount of $78,344
The projects will be facilitated on behalf of the school district by Wear Construction Management.